Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Hellboy 2 movie figure from Neca

Hello guys, I am RJ, and I have never read a Hellboy comic in my life. Whew! Glad I got that off my chest. I thought the movies are "a'yt". But there really is something about the character design which freaks me out. Must be the overgrown hand. Hmmmm...he must have made use of that right arm a lot while growing up? Tennis maybe?
Anyway, I am not a fan of the character, but regardless, it is very satisfying. I think it is well made, and Neca has pulled out all the stops on this figure.

The packaging art is amazing. If you see it on the racks, you can't help but check it out.


Out of the package, it blew me away.




Check out the details. The tail is articulated.



Counting the 2 articulations of the tail, Hellboy has a total of 27 points of articulation. Ball jointed neck, ball jointed shoulders, swivel biceps, pin left elbow, swivel right arm, swivel left wrist, ball jointed abdomen, swivel waist, ball jointed and swivel thighs, pin knees, pin ankles, swivel feet, and (two) swivel tail.






There are two gun accessories, the samaritan gun, and big baby shotgun.






Both gun accessories are articulated, to simulate as if they are being loaded with bullets. It's a very nice touch.







Both guns can be placed on Hellboy's left hand. His right hand is too big. Hellboy has a gun holster where you can place the samaritan gun. While big baby has a strap which you can use to sling it on Hellboy's shoulder.







Size comparison with Marvel Legend Hulk, it looks just about right. Hellboy can blend well with your Marvel Legends and DC Directs (or DCUC for some of you).









Hellboy versus Hulk! Yeah! Clothesline the hell out of that big dumb gorilla!










Yeah Hellboy! Kick Hulk in the nuts!












Hellboy specializes in catching weird monsters. Here he is versus Despero.











Time to bring in the big gun!













Now, you know who is the toughest red sumbitch! And it's NOT the Red Hulk.















Check out samaritan in Hellboy's gun holster.














Scroll down for more Hellboy goodness.

















Highly recommended.

















Gah! I'm never gonna play tennis ever again!

















Buy my red ass.



















1 comment:

  1. nice good review http://patrickquinnart.blogspot.com/ check out some custom figs

    ReplyDelete