Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Marvel Select Red Hulk

Lest I begin this blog entry with yet another "Hasbro ruined Marvel Legends", which are prevalent any Hasbro Marvel Legends review in the net, but allow me this one time to state the obvious, Hasbro ruined Marvel Legends. Which is the reason why, when it came to choosing which Red Hulk figure to get, either an ultra rare HML BAF or an equally rare (but less expensive to acquire) Marvel Select version, I chose the latter. I mean, I can suck it up and buy the complete run of the HML red Hulk wave, (where the only kewl figures to get are Adam Warlock, Spiral, and Union Jack) but at the end of the day, Marvel Select Red Hulk is bigger, badder, and based on the comicbook appearance, is more in-scale.

This is one bad-ass figure. It shares the mold with the "Marvel Select Incredible Hulk", with a different head sculpt. It is fairly articulated. Ball-jointed neck, shoulders, elbows, thighs, and knees. Cut-joint waist and wrists. And peg-joint ankles. The paint is flawless. It is very durable. Nothing to watch out for in buying this figure.
Raaaaarrrrrhhhh!!!! Finally, the Red Hulk has come back to....ummm, where the heck am I?



Rrrrr...doesn't matter. Jeph Loeb writes me, and even he has no idea where I am. Actually, he has no idea how to end his stories. Well, any story not involving a flying rodent (correction, bats are not rodents).


Well, well, well... The original Hulk and DC's superzombie. Come to rrrrrumble with Rhulk?




"Red Hulk thinks he is hulk. Hulk is hulk!" (seriously, this was practically lifted from Jeph Loeb's writing)






Ahhhh... shuddap Hulk! Rhulk is in the house! Hey Grundy, why did you faint?





Solomon Grundy (doing his best hulk impression), not faint. Solomon Grundy playing possum!








Ahhh... doesn't matter. You are a b-list character. I am Jeph Loeb's baby. Nobody can beat me. Fans be damned. I am the best thing since, well, nobody! I am the best ever, according to my biased daddy, Jeph Loeb.







What is this? More useless characters? Jeph Loeb really has no idea what he is doing, so he basically just throw in whatever character Marvel suck-ups allow him to ruin, by making his pet gorilla look good.









Rhulk group hug!











And as willed by the all-powerful Jeph Loeb, the Red Hulk stands triumphant. Who in all of comics (with an action figure) will dare end his meaningless rampage?
---to be continued...










No comments:

Post a Comment