Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"Gargoyle" Spawn

Spawn i.098 is a McFarlane Exclusive issue, meaning, it was only sold to members of the "collector's club" over at spawn.com.

It is popularly known as "Gargoyle" Spawn, because of the huge gargoyle base.

Among the Spawn figures, this is particularly hard to find. It was originally sold for $10-$12, but right now, on Ebay, there is only one seller who has this up for auction, starting bid is $99. Over at Amazon.com, it is being sold at $89.95, exclusive of shipping charges.

I did not include this among the "5 essential Spawn figures" list in my previous blog because it is just essentially a combination of two figures, the body of the 10th Anniversary Spawn with new paint, and the face of "Halloween" Spawn. however, the cape is unique to this figure.

If you notice, Spawn is missing the distinctive red color at the side of his body, and the red gloves.


Spawn: "I need to have a facial before I see Wanda."



I have other McFarlane Exclusives, but this strikes me as odd, because they specified the "extremely" limited production run of the i.098. It is especially rare that when it was initially offered for sale on-line, it sold out in one day. Let me repeat, it SOLD OUT IN ONE DAY.
So, while I do not recommend i.098, because the 10th Anniversary figure is far more satisfying, if you find one, I really think you should consider including it in you collection.




No comments:

Post a Comment