Sunday, February 15, 2009

S.H.Figuart Kabuto

S.H.Figuart figures had been coming in since last year (2008), but I only recently saw one, and I was floored. Wow. These beats the Soukachu Henshin and S.I.C. Kamen Rider figures.

The Souchaku Henshin are great, because they are show accurate, and there are a lot of diecast content. However, handling them is a chore. The armor parts constantly fall of everytime you move the joints. Of course, there are exceptions. I have had a lot of excellent Souchaku Henshins, including a Kabuto figure, like this figure. However, if you are into articulation, and lots of it, then it is not even a question, THIS line is for you.

The S.I.C. Kamen Riders are fun to collect, I have a few, and are searching for a few more, but, the figures in that line fall flat on their collective bug faces in terms of show accuracy. The figures are too weird looking. Also, there are a lot of reports of breakage. Given that they are a little pricey, I am content not to take them out of the box.

So for Kamen Rider toys, for the longest time, it was either a show accurate figure but the parts fall off and gets lost, or a very kewl looking diecast piece of art but has merely a passing resemblance to the source material. But, not anymore.

S.H.Figuart figures are show accurate, very posable, durable, interchangable hands, fair amount of accessories, has diecast contents, and at 2500yen, are very affordable. It's like Bandai read my mind, and decided to grant me my wish for the perfect toy.


Here is Domon Kasshu, no, he is not a Kamen Rider. Domon here is actually the main protagonist in Gundam G. A.K.A the King of Hearts, the ass-kicking pilot of Shinning Gundam, and later on, Gundam God.

Here are two of the best looking Kamen Riders ever designed, Kamen Riders Kabuto and Gatack.


Here is Kamen Rider Kabuto with his accessories, 5 extra hands, a knife, and a gun which doubles as an ax.
The stand is not included. It's one of the Stage Act 2 Stands which are sold in a box of 3 stands. But, since there are 3 extra sets of pincers, extra pegs, and each base can hold at most 3 figures each, its possible to make 6 to 9 stands, instead of 3, in each box. I highly recommend getting the stands for your 5 inch or 6 inch figures.


Here is Kabuto with the knife and blaster.




The stand from Bandai really compliments figures from the Souchaku Henshin, S.H.Figuarts, and even Gundam M.S.I.A. figures. It's also possible to pose your Marvel Legends figures, well, those that do not have bases.





1-2-3





Rider Kick.







R-I-D-E-R K-I-C-K!!!









Grandma says, I walk the path of Heaven...








No comments:

Post a Comment