Monday, February 2, 2009

Marvel Universe 3.75 inch Hasbro

Check out these little bad boys, the new Marvel Universe 3.75 inch figures from Hasbro.
These figures are "OK", I guess. Nothing inherently wrong with them. They have amazing details, good amount of articulation, and the scuplts are all very good and comic accurate.

By all accounts, I should be going nuts for these, but I dunno, there is something about them that fail to sustain my interest.


I know they are great looking figures, and they are fun to pose and everything, but they do not bring out the "warm fuzzy feeling" that I got when I first held my first Soul Of Chogokin, Marvel Legends, or 25th Anniversary G.I. Joes.



As is, they are just fun figures, which you will not be disappointed having. You can interact them with your Star Wars, G.I.Joes, DC Infinite Heroes, Indiana Jones, and other 3.75 inch figure line, and these Marvel Universe figures will hold their own.










Here is a shot of Spidey, Ironman and the Silver Surfer "fighting" a bunch of DC Manhunters.







As you can see, the details on these figures are so awesome. Ironman has that energy blast accessory, which can be attached to his wrist, and it will stay on indefinitely. Spidey has his web accessory. I have had these figures for about a month now, and I had them displayed on the shelves in this position, and they stay on indefinitely.

But a warning, the bar which connects the thighs to the crotch are plastic, unlike in the old G.I. Joes figures which are metal. So, do be careful in posing these little guys, if you force them, they will break.




The best thing about the 3.75 inch Siver Surfer is that it goes very well with your Marvel Legends Galactus. They are just so perfect together.

Imagine what you can do with upcoming X-men figures, you can pose them fighting the BAF Sentinel/s, or you can pose them next to the movie X-jet, which will look really impressive next to these little chipmunks.






Of course, Ironman is small enough to be eaten by Fing Fang Foom, so, win-win.








No comments:

Post a Comment