Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Combattler V vintage ST and others

Here is a vintage Combattler V toy by Popy. This is the "st" version, which some says, it means "standard version", as opposed to the "DX" or "deluxe" (big) version. However, the letters "st" on the box really just mean that it has passed safety standards, and not to differentiate it with the big (dx) toy.

Combattler in this picture is with the smaller version released by Bandai a few years ago, which replicates the vintage st version, almost identically, except, it is much smaller. How much smaller? Glad you asked. Check the next picture.


Here are three different Combattlers. The big one on the left is the vintage ST version by Popy. The one on the right is the mini-version of the ST toy, released by Bandai. And the one on top is just a mini diecast toy issued by Mattel.
Oh, hey, check out Combattler. he looks awesome, because he is. The paint is still very crisp. No hint of discoloration, or chipping. The chrome parts are very shiny, no rust, whatsoever. I am very pleased with this toy. I do not know how I got it. I just saw it recently when i went to my parent's house, and found it in my "messy room" (featured in this blog).



It still has the original paperwork, although there are some discoloration on the paper, given that it is very old.



This is the back of the box.
You know what, i liked looking at ST Combattler so much, I think I will feature also ST Voltes V. But, more on that next time I go back to my parent's house.
By the way, I would love to feature the Soul of Chogokin Combattler V, however, it is stuck somewhere in one of those big shipping boxes, and I do not have any idea which box it is in. If I manage to buy more cabinets to store my toys, i think I will do a quick entry of that toy in this blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment