Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Green Lantern Hal Jordan 1/6 scale DC Direct first edition

Another personal favorite. DC Direct 1/6 scale Hal Jordan figure.
Some douche wanted to buy this from me, he was even willing to buy all my DC Direct 1/6 scale figures just to get it. Ordinarily, I would have agreed. I know DC will somehow re-issue it in some form or another (and they did, with a different costume, along with other GL heads), but I hated that guy, so I didn't sell.

The sculpt is awesome, although, I would have liked it even more if Hal was not so serious looking, he even looks angry. I like the fun-loving Hal. It has removable mask, interchangable hands, a base, and his lantern, which lights up. All very kewl.



Check out his evil eyes. Hehe, come on Hal, smile for the camera.



The Hal Jordan figure is very popular among collectors. It is currently priced at $210 for mint-in-package, at Toyfare Price Guide's latest issue (February 2009). Of course, time will tell if the price will hold, given that DC Direct recently released another Hal Jordan 1/6 scale figure, but with a new costume, and other GL heads, which you can use to swap with the Hal head, so you can have other GLs to play with. Even if I think that is a cool play feature, I really do not know other GLs except Hal, Kyle, Guy and John. So, DC Direct released heads of those GLs, I would have been on that thing like Kobe on a blackmailing slut. Will I get the new GL 1/6? Probably not. I am perfectly happy with this one, and I did manage to get a pretty good deal with this one. I got it at 20% off retail from a toy convention. Pretty sweet.



No comments:

Post a Comment